Monday, October 06, 2014

#My Clean India


 “OMG! This road is stinking.” 

“These people don’t really know how to keep the roads clean.”

“Our government seriously.. eats up all the money been budgeted for cleanliness.”

“Bhai.. ye board to padho.. ‘Yaha Peshab karna mana hai’.. ab to yahi karenge..” *hi5*

“Today I returned from US. Its soooo clean, ya know. And just look at our country.. yucks. I’m definitely gonna be dere after marriage”

Everyone wants to see cleanliness around them. Well everyone knows the truth that NO ONE is interested to take up a stand.

“Bhai main akela kya ukhaar lunga? (Bro, What can I move alone?)

YOU CAN! 

Sometimes I feel that the job of getting rid of filth belongs to Safai karmchari only? Isn’t it the duty of all the 125 crore countrymen? Will we keep on imposing everything on them only? Something good happens or bad, will be keep on blaming them only? We have to change this situation. Therefore, as the children of this mother, all of us are responsible that we should not keep our country like this. It may be village neighborhood, home family, school and college, Mandir, Masjid or Gurudwara; how can we keep it dirty? Wherever we see filth or see someone throwing papers why don’t we feel like picking that up?

Old habits take time to change. It’s a difficult task, I know.

Just you need to start by the basic hygiene. Just follow the below basics and guide others to follow this too.
1)      USE ME: We have learned these two words in Standard-2. But yet not able to train us to really use it. Use a dust bin and don’t throw even a smallest of wrapper in road or streets. Believe me! It will make a huge difference.

2)    STOP SPITTING: There are crores of people who eat tobacco, pan, zarda, etc etc etc everyday and spit on like anywhere and making the world go RED. I know it’s impossible to leave these ‘AMRIT’ at once but at least you can contribute by not hawking just everywhere.

3)  PUBLIC TOILETS: You need to control yourself till the next public toilet. And not just start anywhere you feel like in the middle of the road. Unless you want to save that One Rupee.

There is a startling evaluation of WHO – they say that the diseases created by lack of cleanliness results in additional loss of 6500 rupees to every Indian. Due to illness someone is not able to drive taxi or auto rickshaw or not able to distribute newspapers or not able to deliver milk. This is just the average of the total loss. If we take out affluent households then burden on poor people will go up to 12-15 thousand. If we just spread cleanliness, our poor will be saved 6500 rupees. This will save him from diseases and unemployment. This movement is very important for the health of the poor. Serving Mother India is serving the poorest.
And those who really want to take up the social responsibility for the sake of your country.

Take a Pledge.  Make a promise to yourself.

“I take this pledge that I will remain committed towards cleanliness and devote time for this. I will devote 100 hours per year that is two hours per week to voluntary work for cleanliness. I will neither litter nor let others litter. I will initiate the quest for cleanliness with myself, my family, my locality, my village and my work place.

I believe that the countries of the world that appear clean are so because their citizens don’t indulge in littering nor do they allow it to happen.

With this firm belief, I will propagate the message of Swachh Bharat Mission in villages and towns.

I will encourage 100 other persons to take this pledge which I am taking today.

I will endeavour to make them devote their 100 hours for cleanliness.

I am confident that every step I take towards cleanliness will help in making my country clean.

Jai Hind!

Long live Mahatma Gandhi
Long live Mahatma Gandhi
Long live Mahatma Gandhi

Best wishes to all!”


(The last Excerpt from speech of our respected Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi on 2nd October, 2014 on the inauguration of Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan

#MyCleanIndia
 https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/mycleanindia
 http://www.cleanindia.org/